Mennonite Reflections on Anglicanism
If you were to rate protestant churches from “most elaborate” to “least elaborate” services and liturgies, Anglicanism would probably be at the top, with Mennonites somewhere near the bottom. So…what does a plain Mennonite fellow like me think about a church with readings, weekly communion, special dress for the clergy, and (the really big issue!) infant baptisms?
Find out in this week’s podcast!
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- One of the crucial battles in life is getting your internal, pessimistic prophet to just shut up. In other words,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Don’t eat sweet cereal. Here’s a scary clown. You’re welcome! 😂 twitter.com/JustinPetersMi… 1 week ago
- Like most first-time parents, I remembered being a teen more than being a child. And so I started of giving freedom… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Sermon: Peace (John 14:27)
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Why Young Men Should NEVER Counsel/Mentor/Disciple Young Women (Or Vice Versa) Part 1
- Understanding the Bible, Gnostic Gospels, Apocrypha, & Pseudepigrapha
- An interview with Dr. Florin Curta on Marxism
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Comment sortir de votre désert spirituel
- Jésus, fils de l'homme ou fils de Dieu?
- Trading my sorrows?