Mennonite Reflections on Anglicanism
If you were to rate protestant churches from “most elaborate” to “least elaborate” services and liturgies, Anglicanism would probably be at the top, with Mennonites somewhere near the bottom. So…what does a plain Mennonite fellow like me think about a church with readings, weekly communion, special dress for the clergy, and (the really big issue!) infant baptisms?
Find out in this week’s podcast!
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- Is #marxism good for society? Is #Christianity good for society? Is there a third option? Let’s talk about the true… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Hey Pastor! Looking for last-minute sermon inspiration? What about this study on the leadership of King Saul, vs. t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Paul poured himself out for the Philippians. But he doesn’t guilt trip them. What does he want? Joy! Like a father… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Reader's Theatre for Easter
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Plotinus & Augustine, Part 1
- Is it Possible to Speak too Much of Jesus?
- Review of Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis"
- Why Young Men Should NEVER Counsel/Mentor/Disciple Young Women (Or Vice Versa) Part 1
- Why Were Adam and Eve Punished for Grasping After Knowledge?
- Does God Want me to be Happy? (pt. 1)