8. Philosophy over Theology: Alexandria
In the second century, many Christians (e.g. Philo, Clement & Origen) fused Judaism with Greek Philosophy, creating the “Alexandrian” school of thought.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- Just do not use #CheapOAir ever. That is all. #notrust #changedourticket!! #norefund #nocustomerservice #buyerbeware 3 days ago
- This post from 2008 is really heating up! Do you have an opinion on #egalitarian #complementarian or #feminist marr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- This series is more than just the history of #philosophy and #theology. How does #science relate to #theology? Do I… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Young Men Should NEVER Counsel/Mentor/Disciple Young Women (Or Vice Versa) Part 1
- Reader's Theatre for Easter
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- 10. Augustine: Philosophy UNDER Theology
- J. Gresham Machen: The Man Who Wrote "Liberalism and Christianity"
- I'll Marry You When You've Earned It (The true meaning behind a common phrase)
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Now Booking in 2018/19!
- Apologetics 10: Is the New Testament Reliable?