8. Philosophy over Theology: Alexandria
In the second century, many Christians (e.g. Philo, Clement & Origen) fused Judaism with Greek Philosophy, creating the “Alexandrian” school of thought.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- ever wonder what the difference is between the Apocrypha and the Gnostic Gospels? Full explanation here. nolongerbechildren.com/2017/04/11/und… 3 months ago
- Join me for today's lecture on #Creationism #YEC #OEC #TE #KenHam #HughRoss #KentHovind #yom #Apologetics… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 8 months ago
- RT @JohnPiper: “I gave you a king in my anger.“ Hosea 13:11 8 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Augustine on "Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People"
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- How the Persecution Will Arrive in an (Overly) Tolerant Culture
- 2) Liberalism: A Brief History of Modern Thought
- But I Want to Play With Barbie (A Poem)
- Lust & Mental Purity (Matthew 5:28)