8. Philosophy over Theology: Alexandria
In the second century, many Christians (e.g. Philo, Clement & Origen) fused Judaism with Greek Philosophy, creating the “Alexandrian” school of thought.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- iPhone 5s users: do NOT get the update!!! ☠️ It will tank your phone! ☠️ #Apple is trying to make you upgrade! #designedobscolescence 1 month ago
- With the hype about #HughHeffner, this is a good time to re-post material I developed about sexual freedom. Enjoy! nolongerbechildren.com/2013/05/23/lus… 1 month ago
- ever wonder what the difference is between the Apocrypha and the Gnostic Gospels? Full explanation here. nolongerbechildren.com/2017/04/11/und… 7 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Easy, Free, Meaningful Candle-Light Service
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- From "Cool Young Emergent Intellectual" to "Old-fashioned, Boring Old Conservative"
- Trading my sorrows?
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- How Did Judas Die, And Did He Buy a Field?
- I'll Marry You When You've Earned It (The true meaning behind a common phrase)
- Lust & Mental Purity (Matthew 5:28)
- J. Gresham Machen: The Man Who Wrote "Liberalism and Christianity"