Missionaries n Money 1: Five Questions
Where angels fear to tread: let’s talk about ministry & money!
Specifically, I will address the following five questions:
- Is gospel-work « real » work?
- Is it ok to live on the gospel?
- Is it ok to live well on the gospel?
- Is it ok to ask people for money?
- Is it ok to budget & save?
This will be the first in a four-part series on ministry and money. Along the way, we will be reminded that « money doesn’t grow on trees. » And discuss the two basic options for how people in ministry feed their families: either of either « tent-making » ministry model (aka. working to pay one’s own way) or the « full-time ministry » model (aka. being paid for ministry work).
We will consider the three main objections to the « full-time ministry model, » which are:
- What about George Mueller?
- What about K. P. Yohannan?
- What about the Apostle Paul?
…and succeeding podcasts will cover the Biblical warrant for both, the pro’s and cons of both, some general words of caution for money in ministry, and a reminder that we really need BOTH models to have a healthy Church family.
I hope you will join me on the journey – God bless!