On Slavery (and other weird laws) in the Old Testament
Last Sunday I gave a brief devotional on Exodus 22-23 which mentions, among other things, regulations on slavery.
During the course of my devotional I said, “Slavery, in the Old Testament, was a wonderful idea.” Find out how I defend this thesis by listening .
For a more in-depth look at this topic, have a look at this post.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- LIVESTREAM!! Sermon: Science and the Bible. Seven astounding proofs of design from recent science! #design #apolog… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 months ago
- Live stream of today’s sermon: “Science and the Bible - 7 surprising proofs from contemporary science!” facebook.com/josiah.meyer.7… 8 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Easy, Free, Meaningful Candle-Light Service
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Craig Evans: Fabricating Jesus (Review)
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Lust & Mental Purity (Matthew 5:28)
- What Does Eusebius (300 AD) Say About the Gospels?
- The Leadership Principles of Jesus
- Leadership and Submission in the Home
- Review of Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis"