On Slavery (and other weird laws) in the Old Testament
Last Sunday I gave a brief devotional on Exodus 22-23 which mentions, among other things, regulations on slavery.
During the course of my devotional I said, “Slavery, in the Old Testament, was a wonderful idea.” Find out how I defend this thesis by listening .
For a more in-depth look at this topic, have a look at this post.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- Ran a 15k today. Decent time! Half marathon in two weeks! 💪 1 Tim. 4:8 https://t.co/1OAPuuqteA 5 months ago
- One of the crucial battles in life is getting your internal, pessimistic prophet to just shut up. In other words,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Don’t eat sweet cereal. Here’s a scary clown. You’re welcome! 😂 twitter.com/JustinPetersMi… 6 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Easy, Free, Meaningful Candle-Light Service
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Trading my sorrows?
- Philippians 2: "Petty Pastors" (1:12-20)
- What Do Homosexuality, Women in the Church & Home, Fornication, Divorce & Remarriage, Emergent & Hell All Have In Common?
- Philippians 3: "Together for the Gospel" (2:1-11)
- Leadership and Submission in the Home
- A Letter to Bruxy Cavey on Pacifism