When Jesus said, “I am the truth…”
I’ve been pondering, for a long time Jesus’ statement, “I am the truth…” How can a person be the truth? Recently it dawned on me. Either God is truth, or I am truth. Either His perspective is absolute, or mine is. Because at the end of two and a half millennia of philosophy, I think it is becoming clear that the only two tenable options are revelational theism, and absolute relativism.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- LIVESTREAM!! Sermon: Science and the Bible. Seven astounding proofs of design from recent science! #design #apolog… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Live stream of today’s sermon: “Science and the Bible - 7 surprising proofs from contemporary science!” facebook.com/josiah.meyer.7… 1 month ago
- Interested in Apologetics? My course is free! Audio, video and notes. Great for bible studies or Sunday-school!! nolongerbechildren.com/2017/09/22/apo… 2 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Why Young Men Should NEVER Counsel/Mentor/Disciple Young Women (Or Vice Versa) Part 1
- Reader's Theatre for Easter
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Trading my sorrows?
- Reacquainted With a Dear, Old Friend: Mark Buchanan
- Sabbath: On boredom & meeting God
- How did Judas Die & Did He Buy a Field?