The one thing you should NOT say about ISIS and Christianity
I find it very troubling when people respond to the ISIS massacres by saying, « All religions are evil, » or « Religion only leads to violence. » It’s as though they are thinking like this…
1) ISIS is committing atrocities in the name of their religion
2) Therefore all Muslims are evil
3) Islam is a religion, therefore all religions are evil
4) Christianity is also a religion, therefore it is evil
5) Therefore, THE PERSECUTION OF CHRISTIANITY PROVES THAT CHRISTIANITY IS AN EVIL RELIGION.
You may laugh and say, « Who would think this way? » But it’s the reality – whenever persecution of our brothers and sisters heats up on one side of the ocean, ideological persecution and « Christianity causes violence » comments increase on the other side.
I know these sorts of comments are very politically correct to make, but please consider that making them is very hurtful for those who are mourning the real atrocities committed against our religion in Iraq and other places.
Please be kind with your words and informed in your comments.