The Theologian’s Prayer
Oh Lord, may I stand among the great and nameless throng
Our voices weaving seamlessly in one unchanging song.
Thy glory as our object, thy person as our fame
With gratitude, with servitude our one, our great refrain.
Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come.
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- Ran a 15k today. Decent time! Half marathon in two weeks! 💪 1 Tim. 4:8 https://t.co/1OAPuuqteA 5 months ago
- One of the crucial battles in life is getting your internal, pessimistic prophet to just shut up. In other words,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Don’t eat sweet cereal. Here’s a scary clown. You’re welcome! 😂 twitter.com/JustinPetersMi… 6 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Easy, Free, Meaningful Candle-Light Service
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Trading my sorrows?
- Philippians 2: "Petty Pastors" (1:12-20)
- What Do Homosexuality, Women in the Church & Home, Fornication, Divorce & Remarriage, Emergent & Hell All Have In Common?
- Philippians 3: "Together for the Gospel" (2:1-11)
- Leadership and Submission in the Home
- A Letter to Bruxy Cavey on Pacifism