Remembrance Day Post
“Remeber us!” they tell us,
And we too quick agree.
We honor them November
In brief solemnity.
Then haste to fight our own wars
For politics and fame.
Remembering them truly,
We soldier in their name!
But tell me if you know now
What words their hands did pen:
“In our name fight forever!”
“Sons, ‘NEVER AGAIN!!!'”
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- One of the crucial battles in life is getting your internal, pessimistic prophet to just shut up. In other words,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Don’t eat sweet cereal. Here’s a scary clown. You’re welcome! 😂 twitter.com/JustinPetersMi… 2 weeks ago
- Like most first-time parents, I remembered being a teen more than being a child. And so I started of giving freedom… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Why Young Men Should NEVER Counsel/Mentor/Disciple Young Women (Or Vice Versa) Part 1
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Sermon: Peace (John 14:27)
- Easy, Free, Meaningful Candle-Light Service
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Lust & Mental Purity (Matthew 5:28)
- Trading my sorrows?
- Understanding the Bible, Gnostic Gospels, Apocrypha, & Pseudepigrapha
- All My Dirty Little Secrets for Writing Quality Seminary Papers FAST