Remembrance Day Post
“Remeber us!” they tell us,
And we too quick agree.
We honor them November
In brief solemnity.
Then haste to fight our own wars
For politics and fame.
Remembering them truly,
We soldier in their name!
But tell me if you know now
What words their hands did pen:
“In our name fight forever!”
“Sons, ‘NEVER AGAIN!!!'”
Published by Josiah
JOSIAH MEYER, B.A., M.A. is a speaker, author and teacher based in Quebec, Canada. Josiah identifies as both “Reformed & Mennonite,” and seeks to meld the best of the two traditions together. On his blog and podcast, he seeks to “create a mature and stable Christian worldview,” (Ephesians 4:14): in his sermons, he tries to speak the answers of Scriptures into the aching questions of our age. View all posts by Josiah
- Ran a 15k today. Decent time! Half marathon in two weeks! 💪 1 Tim. 4:8 https://t.co/1OAPuuqteA 7 months ago
- One of the crucial battles in life is getting your internal, pessimistic prophet to just shut up. In other words,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- Don’t eat sweet cereal. Here’s a scary clown. You’re welcome! 😂 twitter.com/JustinPetersMi… 8 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Leadership of Saul: Fearful weakness/Angry strength
- Enya or Jesus: "Spiritual" or "Christian"
- Idolatry and Worship of the True God (Youth Lesson Plan)
- Xmind: How Mind-Mapping Can Help Your Ministry/Teaching
- J. Gresham Machen: The Man Who Wrote "Liberalism and Christianity"
- I'll Marry You When You've Earned It (The true meaning behind a common phrase)
- Understanding the Bible, Gnostic Gospels, Apocrypha, & Pseudepigrapha
- Reader's Theatre for Easter
- 2. Presocratics A: Thales — Anaximander